What is Tahajjud ???
- Tahajjud prayer is done alone in the last part of night before subah sadiq ( When the Time of fajar enters) but the best time to perform is one third part of the night after waking up from sleep.
- At least 2 rakah upto 12 in the multiple of 2 can be performed
- Allah came down Every Night To The Lowest Heaven when one-third of the night remains and says: ‘Who will call upon Me, that I may answer Him? Who will ask Me, that I may give him? Who will seek My forgiveness that I may forgive him?’”
Is tahajjud sunnah or nafl
*Tahajjud is a nafl Prayer.
Hadees regarding tahajjud
- The Prophet said to Abu Hurayra Abu Hurayra! If you want the company of the Mercy of Allah when in the grave and on the Doomsday, wake up at night to offer a prayer for Allah’s sake.
- Abu Hurayra! If you pray at the corner of your house, your house lightens in the sky, and it becomes like a star for the people of the world.
- ” There is a certain moment at night. if a muslim catches that moment to wish something from Allah that thing is granted to him/her.” (Timrizi, Vitr,16 ).
How to pray tahajjud
- First Of All, We Have To Intention (Niyyah) Of 2 Nafil Rakah Of Salat-Al-Tahajjud For The Consent Of Allah In Your Hearts Or audibly and Raise Your Hand And Say “Allahu Akbar”.
- Now Recite “Subhanaka” then You Have To say “Audhu billahi Min-ash-shayta-nir-rajeem Bismillah-ir-Rahman-ir-Raheem” Then Recite Surah Al Fatiha Along With A Surah. (:Long Surah Is Not Mendatory But Its Better To Choose Long One If Time Is Sufficient)
- After That Go To Rukuh by saying “Allahu Akbar” And Say “Subhana Rabb’i-y-al-Adhiym” At Least 3/5/7 Times Or More In Multiple Of Odd Numbers.
- Then come back to standing position and say “Sami Allahu li-man Hamidah” stay for few seconds and say “Rabb’ana lakal hamd” .
- after that go to sajdah by saying “Allahu Akbar” and say “Subhana Rabb’i-y-al- A ‘la” At Least 3/5/7 Times Or More In Multiple Of Odd Numbers.
- rise from sajdah by saying “Allahu Akbar” in the position of Qadah and stay calmly for few seconds and goback to second sajdah by saying “Allahu Akbar” and say “Subhana Rabb’i-y-al- A ‘la” At Least 3/5/7 Times Or More In Multiple Of Odd Numbers.
- then stand up back in first position from Sajdah by saying “Allahu Akbar” and clasp your hands and recites Surah Fatiha along with a Surah and repeat the same process till Second Sajdah.
- But Now You Have To Sit In Qadah And Recite “At tahiyyat” and Darood Shareef And rabbana.
- Then You Have To Do Salam Firstly Moving your Head In Right Side By Saying “As Salam-u- Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah” Then Turn Your head to the Left Side by Saying “As Salam-u-Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah”/
- Now Your 2 Rakah Nafil of The Salat Al Tahajjud Is Completed.
Benefits Of Tahajjud
- If someone wishes his Dua to be accepted this is the best time to make dua.
- Tahajjud prayer can sharpen the mind.
- strengthen the willpower.
- Allah offers his mercy and forgiveness in the last part of the night.
- The very best prayer after the compulsory prayers is the night time prayer.
- health is maintained as we all know that “early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise”.
- tahajjud reduce depression.
- reduce laziness and lust.
- tahajjud can reach you much closer to Allah.
Fatwa/Masail regarding Tahajjud Prayer
Question. When exactly tahajjud prayer time starts?Some where I read that divide night in three part and it start from 2nd or 3rd part?If it is so how to devide night should we start fro sun set till sun rise? For example if sun set at 7 o clock evening and fajar prayer start from 4 o clock in morning and sun rises at 6 o clock in morning what is starting time of tahjjaud?
Answer – The salah offered in the night after awakening is called Tahajjud. It is better to perform it in last night, however it may also be offered in midnight. And the person who is unable to wake up in last night or midnight, he may offer two or four raka?at with the intention of tahajjud after Isha prayer. Insha-Allah he shall get its reward. The night shall be divided into three parts from sunset to dawn (before the starting of fajar time) not the time of sunrise.
Question – Dr abdul hayy (R) says that namaz thahhid can be performed between faraz and watar of esha payer. but on your fatwa web side you have told that namaz thahad starts after namaz esha upto namaz a fajar please tell me the correct time of namaz a thahid and also tell me the minimum rakats and maximum rakats on this namaz.
Answer – There is no contradiction between Dr. Abdul Hayi (RA) and our previous Fatwa. The time of Namaz-e-Tahajjud starts after the Fardh of Isha prayer and remains til the time of Fajar prayer starts. The reason of your misunderstanding in this matter is that you have considered Witr prayer part of Isha prayer, while Witr prayer itself is a Wajib prayer, and its time is also after Isha prayer. Now, if anyone sleeps or does not sleep after performing the Fardh and Sunnah of Isha prayer and performs Tahajjud prayer before Witr prayer then his Tahajjud prayer shall be valid. The practice of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) used to perform Witr prayer after Tahajjud in last night. It is obvious to note that in previous Fatwa the Afzal (best) time of Tahajjud prayer was mentioned, you are kindly advised to read it again. However, as far as the number of Rakats of Tahajjud is concerned, the minimum rakah is two and maximum is eight rakah.
Question – Was tahajjud prayer obligatory because it is mentioned in the Quran (17:79), if not then let me know that whether it is Sunnah or nafl?
Answer – Tahajjud salah is not fardh rather it is nafl, but the holy Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) has regularly performed it hence it is right to say it sunnah as well.
hope you guys understand how to pray tahajjud and it’s benefits. if you find this article useful then do share with your friends and family and like our facebook page and support us, jazakAllah.
tags- how to pray tahajjud, how to perform tahajjud, tahajjud prayer dua, tahajjud quotes,